Re: [OM] Steve's site

Subject: Re: [OM] Steve's site
From: Pschings@xxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 28 Mar 2002 10:26:17 EST
Cc: 2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
In a message dated 03/27/2002 6:54:44 PM Eastern Standard Time,
2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

This is all VERY important, I never realised there were so many variables in
photography and end result quality.  I thought that the quality of image
would be about the same with all of the equipment in a range
(telephoto/etc..) and that the 'bells & whistles involved with each lens
would increased with price.

When it comes to "image quality" (no, I don't want to get into what that
exactly means right now - suffice it to say you'll get as many opinions here
as we saw on the landscape thread) it isn't as complicated as it may seem. In
order of increasing importance, the things that have the most impact on your
image are:

4. Camera body
3. film
2. lens
1. the nut behind the camera

I purposely left out mechanical supports (tripod, monopod, bean bag, etc...)
because there affect is going to be variable depending on the nature of the
shot (specifically the shutter speed used). I should mention that I flipped 2
and 3 a couple of times while typing this before I settled on the order
above.

Hope this helps a little,

Paul Schings