[OM] OM4Ti problems - help wanted - update

Subject: [OM] OM4Ti problems - help wanted - update
From: "Helge M Tonning" <kristin.helge@xxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 23 Mar 2002 22:07:06 +0100
Hi,

I've still got the problems, but have investigated the malfunction a bit
further.

In manual mode, I can not hear/feel any differences between shutterspeeds
settings from 1 sec to 1/2000s. Compared to my other 4T, it sounds like 1/30 -
1/60 everytime. (I know it is hard to hear the differences between 1/60 and up,
but from 1s to 1/2000, even I shold hear a difference).

In Auto mode, when using wide aperture (f2) under daylight conditions compared
to lenscap on and f16 - there is a slight difference. I imagine that shutter
opens prox 1/15 with lenscap on, and prox 1/60+ (like in manual mode) under
good light conditions. When I use flash (F280), the camera adjust the flash
output (time) . Full flash when lenscap is on, short flash with wide aperture
and good light conditions (short distanse) (based on observation of light and
recycling time)

When I did the flash testing, I found that my problem camera has a flash ready
light in the view finder as for an ordinary OM4 (a little "lightning/arrow"
sign), not a green light (square) I know from my other 4T. The battery check
turns off after 30 seconds.

Both my cameras looks very nice, and shows very little sign of use.
My OM4T working camera:          ser nr 11948xx,
My OM4Ti malfunction camera:  ser nr 11704xx

Any suggestions?