[OM] OM-1n price range

Subject: [OM] OM-1n price range
From: Ed Senior <newshawk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 23 Mar 2002 16:56:27 -0500
I'd like to find out what you'd think was a good price for a black OM-1n MD with a 50mm/f1.4 lens. The camera appears to be in excellent condition, with little or no brassing and no scratches except for the baseplate. The foam will need to be replaced, however. As for the lens, it looks good, but the rubber focus grip ring is loose and slides around the lens. Mechanically it seems sound, but I didn't have much time to look it over. It's in a store that's opening up and the second floor, where they're going to have cameras and electronics, is still being set up. I was able to go up there and look, however. The store owner quoted a price of $250 for the camera. I think it's high, but as I'm not ready to buy just yet, I didn't try to bargain with him. I'm wondering what you all think this camera is worth.

BTW, he also has a silver OM-1 with the 1.8 lens and never ready case (but I don't know if it's a MD version) and a E. Zuiko 135mm/f4.5 (I think). I know that it's a 135, but I just got a glance at it. I didn't ask for prices on those items as I want to go in forearmed. (Oh, and I do know about the lens price page, so I'll check that for the lenses.) He also indicated he has a lot more stuff that's still packed up in two trailers. He has a lot of cameras from other manufacturers, but I'm a confirmed Zuikoholic now, so I'm not interested.

Thanks for your input.

Ed Senior