Re: [OM] Seller to watch on eBay

Subject: Re: [OM] Seller to watch on eBay
From: Joshua Putnam <josh@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 22 Mar 2002 01:21:32 -0800
M. Lloyd wrote:

> The thing is that none of these items is over 2 pounds. I
> send Zuiko stuff sometimes and at most I get charged is $8
> and thats's with $500 worth of insurance priority mail. Most
>  packages are half his shiipping price $6.00

A lot depends on how heavily the item is packed. I've had people send me camera gear that's so heavily packaged, you can't tell by feel whether there's really anything in the box. If you use a reasonable amount of packing in a properly-sized Priority box, it doesn't cost much. On the other hand, I once received a 28mm Zuiko with no case that weighed 3lbs shipped.

--
          josh@xxxxxxxxx is Joshua Putnam
            http://www.phred.org/~josh/