Re: [OM] Re: Alan's trips to Britain

Subject: Re: [OM] Re: Alan's trips to Britain
From: "Steve" <Steve.Gullick@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 20 Mar 2002 18:22:04 -0000
Whilst England may not be the cheapest place for a holiday, you must not
compare London prices to the rest of the UK. Many people who work in the
city have a salary increment to cover the extra high cost of living there.

As for Scotland, I spent a couple of nights in a hotel just outside
Edinburgh a couple of years ago. I went to the bar to order a SINGLE whisky
for me and a Port for my wife and only just had change from £15.00. My local
would have charged about £3.50!!!!

So, it does depend on where you go.

Steve