Re: [OM] Re: Alan's trips to Britain

Subject: Re: [OM] Re: Alan's trips to Britain
From: Roger Wesson <roger@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 20 Mar 2002 15:19:06 +0000
Bad news about the kit getting stolen.  Always puts a bit of a dampener
on any holiday.  It's happened to me once, thankfully only with my
backup body, though.

Hey, if you think Scotland's expensive, I'd avoid England!  Last time I
went to Scotland it was dirt cheap compared to London prices - beer,
club entry, food etc (you can see what kind of a trip that was - last of
its kind:)) were about half the price.  I believe that only Tokyo,
Stockholm and Oslo are more expensive capital cities than London.

All this talk of photographing the UK makes me think I really ought to
work harder at that.  Over the time I've been an OM user (4.5 years) I
think I've taken about 250 films, of which maybe 150 deserve to be
counted as serious photography.  I reckon about 15 of those are UK
shots, the rest were taken abroad.  I must try and rectify that
imbalance a bit.

And Alan mentioned selling his photos to pay for his trip.  That's
something I really must learn how to pull off!

Roger