[OM] OM-3 trouble

Subject: [OM] OM-3 trouble
From: "Dave Shupe" <kc7iek@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 19 Mar 2002 16:55:04 -0800
This morning I was taking pictures with my OM-3 and had a strange
experience.  The camera was set to F8 at 1/30 sec.  I was using a cable
release on a tripod.  I’d trip the shutter and the mirror would flip up the
shutter open (as far as I could tell) and then hang.  It was like I had the
shutter on B and held the cable release.  I checked the cable release and it
was not locked.  I twisted the camera on the lens mount slightly (just a
little back & forth pressure) and the shutter closed and the mirror
returned.  This happened several times in between normal shots.  I was using
a Komura 2x tele-extender when the shutter would hang.  Worked fine without
the tele-extender.  It was fairly cold this morning 35-40 degrees.

Any one with any thoughts on why this would happen?

Cheers!

Dave Shupe
kc7iek@xxxxxxxxx

Latitude 47° 43’ 1” North, Longitude 122° 6’ 15” West