Re: [OM] 25 Best Cameras of all time ?

Subject: Re: [OM] 25 Best Cameras of all time ?
From: Johnny Johnson <jijohnson4@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2002 14:39:00 -0500
At 07:19 AM 3/14/02 -0800, Mike Butler wrote:

Well, if this is the same Bob Shell that spends time on the
camera-fix@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (maybe Jim Brokaw can verify that this is the
same guy) he has a very low opinion of the Olympus system and Zuiko
glass in particular.

We don't use our Oly gear because its popular, for myself, I use it
because it is the best tool for me.  I find that I lose very little
sleep over Bob's opinions of my cameras.

Hi Mike,

That's the same Bob Shell. I didn't know that he had a low opinion of the OM system. I had only heard him say that the Olympus lenses, in general, were the worst performing of those made by any major camera maker. Most, if not all, of the test results that I've read seem to support his position. That obviously doesn't keep them from taking nice pictures though.

Later,
Johnny