RE: [OM] 25 Best Cameras of all time ?

Subject: RE: [OM] 25 Best Cameras of all time ?
From: "Skip Williams" <skipwilliamsom@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2002 13:18:25 -0500
The prior version of the 25 Best was written/edited by Mike Johnston, who was a bit outspoken in many areas. He was a big fan of the Olympus system, especially the groundbreaking OM-1, the superb metering system of the OM-4/4t, and many of the better Zuikos. He's now writing a private newsletter called the 37th frame which is mildly interesting http://216.212.104.35/37thframe/. I, for one, like his candid, straightforward style.

Bob Shell, who I met briefly at PhotoPlus (incidently, he had a Kiev 4M around his neck at that show, which was interesting), is a well-respected journalist with strong ties to many Internet groups and Shutterbug magazine. He's a bit opinionated, but that's no crime. I enjoy his postings in many forums and agree-to-diagree at times.

I too would like to understand why the Olympus system was omitted. But you have to realize that the list is a small group's opinion (sometimes a VERY small group....like 1).

Skip