Re: [OM]Photography -was Velvia - was: 350mm f2.8

Subject: Re: [OM]Photography -was Velvia - was: 350mm f2.8
From: "Charles Loeven" <cpl49@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 10 Mar 2002 10:47:21 -0800
===Personally, I like his work, and some of the information in his books
is thought provoking. I sometimes get the feeling he has had to work
hard to prove himself, and that sometimes comes through his words, or
maybe he just thinks highly of himself, and that bugs some people. I
try to separate the personal from the knowledge, then he is great. I
wish I had as much physical prowess.

Wayne====

What I like about his work is the pure simplicity of the photographic
part of his image gathering.
Being up at dawn on top of a frozen mountain is the hard part.
In reading Mountain Light and seeing the images it fits right in with the OM
type of photography.  A light and simple camera, a small simple lens and
an incredible sense of light.

Charlie