Re: [OM]Photography -was Velvia - was: 350mm f2.8

Subject: Re: [OM]Photography -was Velvia - was: 350mm f2.8
From: Wayne Shumaker <shumaker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 10 Mar 2002 08:46:28 -0500
At 09:45 PM 3/8/2002 -0500, John L wrote:
>>Galen is a noted wildlife and nature photographer.  IIRC he lives and works
>>in Colorado....

Actually, he lives in Bishop CA, eastern Sierra. Usually people really
like him, or not (he has his devotees). He thinks OM's are just not
that reliable. Probably based on experience with OM-4. Now had he been
a member of this list, he would know the 4T is the way to go, and 357
batteries would probably solve his problems :-)

His web site is: http://www.mountainlight.com/

Personally, I like his work, and some of the information in his books
is thought provoking. I sometimes get the feeling he has had to work
hard to prove himself, and that sometimes comes through his words, or
maybe he just thinks highly of himself, and that bugs some people. I
try to separate the personal from the knowledge, then he is great. I
wish I had as much physical prowess.

Wayne