[OM] OT SCSI - was Scanner SCSI problem

Subject: [OM] OT SCSI - was Scanner SCSI problem
From: Chris Barker <imagopus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 7 Mar 2002 11:43:30 +0000
Not for me Steve.

Here's an (OT) polemic for you ...

I have used SCSI for a few years now.  At first I did not hot-swap
with my Mac Classic and IIcx, but after I discovered with my PowerMac
6500/300 that my Minolta scanner did not have to be on at start-up,
that Toast would find my just-started LaCie CD writer and that Iomega
have a clever thing called "Guest", SCSI holds no horrors for me now.
It is an excellent system whose termination requirement is a myth (on
all my machines anyway).  I still have a Zip 250, Minolta Dimage Scan
Elite and LaCie CD-RW attached to my G4 and it works beautifully.
Now what will happen if I try that under OSX I wonder?

USB, on the other hand, is always giving me problems.  It is very
fussy, hubs (powered or not) cause snags with some peripherals, my
Epson 750 seems to draw too much power and the connection gets shut
down, my miniVigor ISDN TA is not always on at start.  For me SCSI is
much more predictable.

OT polemic over; may I email you direct about OSX issues? :>).

Chris