Re: [OM] 21/3.5 an interesting lens

Subject: Re: [OM] 21/3.5 an interesting lens
From: "M. Lloyd" <royer007@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 6 Mar 2002 21:56:28 -0800 (PST)
If Diffraction is bad at f22, why does the 24 shift
have a stop at f22 considering that it is also an f3.5
and in my totally unscientific tests I have found no
difference between f16 and f22 on that lens; neither
did Gary Reese (Yes I know these lenses have little in
common other than their f-stop and wide angle nature
I'm asking a stupid question but still...)

Also how do you use filters with this thing? The 49mm
filters I have exibit obvious vignetting in the
viewfinder. I have a set of 55mm filters for the 50/2
and 90/2 macro lenses so would it be wise to invest in
a step up ring? Is 55mm wide wnough to get rid of the
vignetting? I'd rather not get into slim filters.

Mark Lloyd