[OM] 21/3.5 an interesting lens

Subject: [OM] 21/3.5 an interesting lens
From: "M. Lloyd" <royer007@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 6 Mar 2002 18:40:14 -0800 (PST)
Well today I decided to test out a 21/3.5 I got
recently off the evil one (A fang price too $200 for a
near flawless example, just some apeture wear!) and
have realized that this lens is quite unique in terms
of its construction.

I am struck by how tiny and light it is even compared
to my other Zuikos. The perspective is also pretty
amazingly wide. The thing that struck me most,
however, was its lack of apeture settings only 5 stops
from 3.5 to 16. I for one feel that they should have
added an f22 stop cause in the bright snow with portra
160 even at f16 I had to use 1/500 to 1/1000th of a
second to get the OM-1n's needle inbetween the lines.
Still it was an interesting day using a lens that has
an overall different feel from any other lens in my
lineup.

I'm trying to get an impression for this lens cause
right now it's my only superwide angle that I have
that I can use in more normal shooting conditions (the
24 shift is just too large to carry around all the
time) and I spent the money I was going to use to get
a 24/2.8 on this lens. It's a difficult lens to
control since it's such a huge angle and I'm thinking
of maybe selling it to try for a 24/2.8 or should I
just get out and practice more? Thanks for listening
to my ramblings

Mark Lloyd