Re: [OM] Photoshop?

Subject: Re: [OM] Photoshop?
From: "Skip Williams" <skipwilliamsom@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2002 21:52:15 -0500
Cc: josh1@xxxxxxxxxx
There are several programs with the same basic power as Photoshop: Photopaint, PaintShop Pro, Gimp.... All are cheaper that PS. I used Photopaint for years, it was very good. But I felt like an island.

The biggest issue you'll have is that almost ALL the literature, books, magazine tips, plug-ins are written for PhotoShop. Yea, PSP and PP read most plug-ins, but they're NOT 100ompatible, IMHO. If your serious and want access to more resources, get PS. One thing that seems to be very popular is distribution of PS actions for automating many tasks. These DO NOT work with any other package.

Skip