Re: [OM] Ambient and Flash Ratio Tutorial

Subject: Re: [OM] Ambient and Flash Ratio Tutorial
From: adi <adisoon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2002 03:07:13 +0800
Great Post Ken !

I've been thinking about the method of flash exposure in the way that
you have specified, though not as clarified as what you have presented.

Can you comment on my current working method? Which was developed
somewhat instinctively and so not so precise.

Using an OM4 or Leica M6 on manual, I set my T32 on Auto at f5.6 or 8 or
whatever and make sure my subject is never more than a certain distance
away. Then I set my shutter speed at the limits of handholdability, say
1/8 or 1/15 to "brighten" up the background. I always use ISO 400 film
so that part is set. This method in my experience works pretty well.
Only drawback is that the ratio between flash and ambient lighting is
not predictable.

--Adi