Re: [OM] what happened to e-sif?

Subject: Re: [OM] what happened to e-sif?
From: Garth Wood <garth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 10 Feb 2002 10:58:01 -0700
At 02:01 AM 10/02/2002 +0000, Tim (suchismit@xxxxxxxxx) wrote:
>Apparently Hans VL has decided to make money off his
>site. It has been taken off line and a hard copy (CD)
>is available for $23.

Wrong.  *I* ordered the site taken offline, after one of the site's techs noted
that it was burning the vast majority of our company's available bandwidth.
Hans merely re-iterated to the pigs at the trough (many of whom were
downloading the *entire* site) that they could buy it on CD for a mere pittance.

Hans has *never* "tried to make money" off of the e-SIF; in fact, for the
better part of several years he's offered it on-line to the world, for free.
But the freeloaders have ruined that availability for everyone else.  You want
it, now you must buy it.  Since it took him several years to whip it into the
shape it's in now, the price is absurdly reasonable.

Garth