Re: [OM] Winder and MD survery

Subject: Re: [OM] Winder and MD survery
From: "Brian Swale" <bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2002 17:17:16 +1300
Hi Charles

I leave the batteries in. Yes, usually use the camera button and the camera
winder.

>So what do you Guys and Gals do when using the winder purely for a grip?
>Do you take out the batteries and use the shutter button on the camera?
>Seems awkward to me and I have long fingers.

>Charlie

Suppose everybody to their taste and shape. The wrist strap metal loop
never bothers my hand, for example; don't notice it. But I find that, when I am
using a heavy lens that is not as big as the 300; specifically the 100/2 and
35~105/3.5~4.5, the whole unit is out of balance (weight-forward) with just
the bare body, and there is just that little square-ended grip-less body to
hold
on to; doesn't feel like enough grip for me..

Today I ran the Winder2 on 3 shots for fun, with this thread in mind; fired up
fine. Yes it made a noise,  but I don't know if it is bad or not. It would
sound
loud in a quiet place. In a semi-gale it was just a little *zzip*.

It's not *always* best for me, but most of the time it is. It just fits my hand

nicely and gives excellent grip. My only grouch is my knuckles (top
knuckles, 3rd & 4th fingers) getting rasped on the aperture-setting ring.

Brian