RE: [OM] Test & introduction

Subject: RE: [OM] Test & introduction
From: "S P Krone" <spkrone@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 7 Feb 2002 19:35:24 -0500
You must tell me Wayne why you say those things about the 50/1.2.  I have
had no experience with the other 50's and only bought what I needed and
perceived to be the best lens in each focal length that I like and or need.
Surprisingly I do use most of my lenses at very wide apertures due to my
style of shooting - I rarely ever use flash unless it is absolutely
necessary (such as weddings, that I no longer do).  If you say I can get
better performance from the /1.4, I must endeavor to look into that.  I
wanted to make mention of my first post - I went back and read what I wrote
and am surprised and a bit embarrassed by how much I just "gushed", my wife
says I hardly say anything to her (oops!).  Though it sounded dramatic in
the post, the "flood" that I mentioned was caused by a water line break in
our upstairs bathroom while we were in Michigan for Christmas (2000).  All
my equipment was in the safe except the 50, and it don't float. But yes, I
have trashed my share of equipment, I won't even mention the 2 OM-4ti's
w/lenses that went out my before unbroken truck window.  My wife says I
never learn, could be she's right.