Re: [OM] The Olympus E20

Subject: Re: [OM] The Olympus E20
From: dreammoose <dreammoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 07 Feb 2002 16:19:28 -0800
I agree with your general point, but not one specific. I have a good 2mp camera and I sometimes shoot 800asa film (it's this weakness for long lenses and moving critters, etc.) and scanned 800 film has more detail than the digital camera. Have to go beyond 8x10 equivalent magnification to see much difference in a print, though.

Moose

Walt Wayman wrote:

If you'd quit using such ridiculously high speed film you wouldn't need a faster shutter speed. Do you not give a rodent's derriere about quality? Do you like grainy pictures? I doubt that I use a speed faster than 1/500 more times a year than I have fingers. Any 2 megapixel P&S will take better pictures than you can get with 800 speed film. Slow down. You'll live longer and take better pictures. Speed kills.