Re: [OM] Spending the bonus

Subject: Re: [OM] Spending the bonus
From: AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 7 Feb 2002 15:21:00 -0800 (PST)
> You will
> use the 300/4.5 ($300-400) less than half that.

Haved used the 300/4.5.  Nice lens, but would prefer the extra
mass of a 2.8.  In reality, my 400mm and 600mm lenses in the
past did get quite a workout.  I use everything a lot.  Trust
me, I can justify the 300/2.8.

> Why not consider that Mamiya 645E kit? A bit more than what
> you are
> talking about, but will rekindle the old spirit?

Getting even an old Mamiya M645j will break the budget.  Thought
did cross my mind.

> Or take some drawing classes. You will be amazed at how your
> photographic experience will enhance that and the drawing will
> inform
> your photography. Take one of those "Drawing on the Right Side
> of the
> Brain" classes.  They teach anyone to draw - well and quickly.

Would it help my handwriting?  I've taken various art classes in
the past and they've helped me out.  Haven't got time for the
pain now.

Sadly, PJ's 600 is making the trip back to him.  I KNEW he'd
find me sooner or later.  Not even a name change could hide me.

AG-Schnozz