RE: [OM] Irony of discontinuing of the OM series

Subject: RE: [OM] Irony of discontinuing of the OM series
From: bhinderks@xxxxxxxxx
Date: Sun, 03 Feb 2002 17:14:47 -0800
At 11:33 PM 2/3/02 +0000, Sam wrote:
>Make no mistake about it Barry, I am sure there are
>tremendous costs implications associated with stocking
>OM items and making it available, but what was the OM-
>2000 anyway? I think your missing my "main" point.
>
>Why not make gasoline cars obsolete and everything else,
>while were at it. If its best for the economy?

Your missing the point Sam. The suggestion that a user group could do what
the factory couldn't has been proven far too many times to be falacious. To
blindly assume that we "know better" than the manufacturer of a product
that by and large sells for less than a couple thousand dollars is
ludicrous. When you know and understand the costs associated with
manufacturing AND marketing AND distributing that particluar product then
your comments might be realistic. User groups generally have no
understanding of that process for that particular product -- and no cars
aren't the same as a camera. Are you prepared to PAY to work? That is what
you are asking the manufacturer to do...........

Barry H