RE: [OM] Irony of discontinuing of the OM series

Subject: RE: [OM] Irony of discontinuing of the OM series
From: dolphans1@xxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 04 Feb 2002 04:23:24 +0000
No Barry, your missing the point, all your saying is we
don't know what goes on behind closed doors, so we must
be "dumb", "naive" or "stupid". Olympus makes most of
their money off of point and shoot cameras, along with
their medical equipment, they manufacture.

Since you appear to have a better grasp on the figures,
why don't you mention them?

My analogy on the cars. I remember studying in school,
the major mistake that Ford and Chevrolet made, when
they tried to take advantage of the American consumer,
by selling them an inferior product. The Vega and the
Pinto. Also unlike camera companies, there are auto
parts companies out there that produce "high" quality
parts, for "new" and "used" cars.

On your quote: Are you prepared to pay to work? I think
just about everyone on this board "pays" to work. We pay
taxes and pay high interest in things we purchase. I
forget the figure, but the average worker spends 1/3rd
of his live, if not more, at work.

Olympus has the means and available cash to keep the OM
system going. I guess if not for Canon copiers, "Canon"
would have kept their EOS series and not abandoned it?

Sam.....