Re: [OM] New Snow

Subject: Re: [OM] New Snow
From: Wayne Culberson <waynecul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2002 19:58:39 -0400

"John A. Lind" wrote:

> At 23:14 1/31/02, AgSchnozz wrote:
> >There's something about a snowstorm that just makes a person
> >itch to get in the darkroom.

> There have been some photographs I've been planning for nearly a year now,
> waiting for a complete cover of fresh, virgin snow followed by the clear
> blue sky of a cold front to make some Winter photographs of a mid-19th
> Century grain mill.  With the weather thus far, I will very likely have to
> wait another year.

        They are forecasting 30 cms. of snow for us tomorrow, so I'll have to
go out and retake some of the scenes I did a few days ago, this time
with only zuikos. You can never duplicate exactly, but we usually have
lots of opportunities for snow pics.
        The one I liked from the other day was of an old red brick mill
situated below a dam in a deep gorge. The trees were totally covered in
snow, and the sky was all white, the water and rock cliffs black, except
for the white foam. The whole scene was just black and white, except for
the red brick mill which I kept quite small in the picture. It looks
like a black and white pic that has had the building colored red after,
like when they make an object yellow in a b&w. 160NC did a good job on
everything. I ordered an enlargement today for my office.
        But I still prefer flowers in summer, etc. Was looking at this site,
all done on om4t and om2s. Anyone know if this is someone on the list?
http://www.darklightimagery.net/nature.html