RE: [OM] Irony of discontinuing of the OM series

Subject: RE: [OM] Irony of discontinuing of the OM series
From: AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2002 07:01:32 -0800 (PST)
Bob,

> I'm with you up until here.  The rest of this is for the
> flash-and-trash
> shots, and not the contemplative and pure photography that
> Olympus has
> been capable of inspiring.  Below are accomplished by the
> photographer,
> not the camera:

I would tend to agree with you, except these features are
"quality of life" features which not only make our jobs easier
in high-pressure, rapidly changing environments (when you can't
always think), but is part of the standard feature set of what
is now considered to be a professional camera.  Even though the
'80s state-of-the-art may be good enough for your shooting
style, what it does is limit ourselves to just that shooting
style.  There are times when I am very thankful for these
additional features of my IS-3 and long for them in an OM body.

AG-Schnozz