Re: [OM] Olympus e-SIF is offline - it's a family affair?

Subject: Re: [OM] Olympus e-SIF is offline - it's a family affair?
From: Mark Dapoz <md@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2002 18:33:34 -0500 (EST)
At 03:27 PM 25/01/2002 -0600, Jay Maynard wrote:

>I'm running a web server on my ADSL connection. (ADSL is all I can get in
>Fairmont, for now...and no static IP at all, &^*%^&. I'd REALLY like to get
>static IP, and it's dead simple to implement, so why don't they offer it?)

Use the free dynamic DNS service offered by dyndns.org.  It's not quite the
same as a static address, but it's still pretty good.  Some of the home
routers (eg. Netgear) have built in support for it so it makes the entire
process transparent.  Using one of those routers may also avoid you losing
your IP address depending on how your service provider has implemented DHCP.
                                -mark