RE: [OM] Olympus e-SIF is offline

Subject: RE: [OM] Olympus e-SIF is offline
From: "Olaf Greve" <o.greve@xxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2002 09:31:03 +0100
Hi,

> Is it possible to use various free webspace sites to add up to the whole
e-sif?
> For example, lunarpages.com gives 50MB for free.

The issue with free webspace is not so much the limited amount of space
(which is easily overcomeable by splitting the site over 6 accounts or so),
but rather the bandwidth restrictions. "Free" webspace is never without any
ties/conditions: typically if the free space provider feels a page consumes
too much bandwidth, the plug is pulled relentlessly.

So far, I think Tom Scales' offer is by far the best, 10GB a month is very
good (though even TOPE already consumes quite a few GBs in bandwidth).
Garth, how high is the bandwidth consumage? I wish I could host the e-SIF on
the TOPE server, but I have nor the space, nor the bandwidth nor the access
to the webserver at my disposition to make that a viable option (though some
files could be stored there).

Cheers!
Olafo