Re: [OM] Vivitar series 1

Subject: Re: [OM] Vivitar series 1
From: Don <dong357@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2002 21:25:51 -0600
At 05:46 AM 1/24/02, you wrote:

Yo,

on Wed, 23 Jan 2002 22:37:05 -0500, Larry wrote:

>The Series One lenses are plainly marked. The ones you have are not Series one
>models. I also have the 75-260 f4.5. It has worked well for me.

A relatively rare focal length range. I have Tokina's counterpiece, an
RMC 75-260 f4.5, which I got real cheap a couple of years ago to
replace my stolen Zuiko 75-150 (as I'm more of a wide angle person and
900f my photography is between 19 and no more than 85 mm I figured I
did not need to spend the money a Zuiko would have cost me). I was
surprised by how good it is - tack sharp and good contrast and color
rendition, easily beats the 75-150. I really ought to give it some
more use. It's heavy, though - built like a tank. I wonder how it
compares to the Viv.

I find it to be a monster! It is not for hand holding without a support of come kind. I used it for a very nice series of photos this summer using the rail of a shelter for support and got some very sharp images. I like it quite a lot.
Don
---