Re: [OM] Vivitar series 1

Subject: Re: [OM] Vivitar series 1
From: adi <adisoon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2002 01:19:50 +0800
My impression of the vivitar 35-85 f2.8 isnt as positive. Of course I must
qualify that this is purely from a handling viewpoint. I have never exposed
film through it.

The lens is big, too big in fact for an OM body. The balance is extremely
awkward and it sort of defies the original principles of the OM design.

I do not know how sharp the lens is but I did not see the same viewfinder snap
that I got with other Zuiko zooms and the 50mm 1.8. There is something very
soft and hazy about the image produced in the viewfinder.

I looked at the lens long and hard, because it was available at quite an
attractive price. I tried to imagine myself walking around with it. The lens
would point downward. If I jumped it might shear off the mount of my camera ! A
most frightening image !

I gave it a pass. Awakward handling, heavy weight, dodgy viewfinder image.
So thats my take.
Like I said, I never exposed film through it so it could still be the sharpest
lens in the world/

--Adi