Re: [OM] Skewed Frames

Subject: Re: [OM] Skewed Frames
From: Bill Stanke <bstanke@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2002 08:40:36 -0800
It sounds like a mechanical problem with the wind sprocket.  I would
examine the sprockets under a magnifying glass, to look for signs of
wear, or a build-up of crud on the sprockets. Load the camera with
out-of-date film, and observe the winding action with the back open
(keep your thumb on the film cassette).  Is it winding smoothly, and
evenly?  Does the shaft that the sprocket rides on have noticeable
play?  Try it with a winder or motor drive, and see if that makes a
difference.

Bill Stanke

(Who's trying to stay in Walt's good graces and not be a smartass, in
case he gets that retirement job at KEH.)