Re: [OM] What to keep when the Digital Day comes

Subject: Re: [OM] What to keep when the Digital Day comes
From: "Brian Swale" <bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2002 18:16:30 +1300
Even though the march of digital seems threatening just now, I think there
will be enough in the way of film for us to use for some time yet.

Film companies aren't going to just roll over and play dead because some
camera makers are going all-out for digital.

Companies such as Ilford will still make B&W for years to come.

Not everybody can afford digital.

OK, I agree, the $$ cost of these things keeps coming down, but I note that
as it does, some bodies keep making them more complex and capable to
keep ahead of the competition and keep volume $$ up.

The images on some sites, especially the macro images I uncovered the
other night, are amazing.

However, I'll stick with what I have - partly because changing is not an option.

Brian
'Twas brillig, and the slithy toves          Voiceless it cries,
Did gyre and gimble in the wabe.         Wingless flutters,
All mimsy were the borogroves,           Toothless bites,
And the mome raths outgrabe.             Mouthless mutters.

>From "Through the Looking-Glass"     Gollum's riddle to Bilbo<
.                                        (A) = The wind.