Re: [OM] What to keep when the Digital Day comes

Subject: Re: [OM] What to keep when the Digital Day comes
From: "C.H.Ling" <chling@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 26 Jan 2002 11:14:58 +0800
IMO, film (including 120 and 4x5) will disappear in most application
including amateur and professional field in 20 years, film and digital
camera just like LP and CD. Photo service and film supplied will be very
limited and the price will become very high. Film and traditional prints
will be for some museum works only.

Digital don't need comparable resolution to beat film, grain and sharpness
is the most important factor for a "good looking" photo (okay color depth is
also important but current higher end DC is fine enough). Digital camera has
much lesser grain and sharpness can be enhanced by software. I don't mean a
2Mp camera can do but a 16Mp will be enough.

C.H.Ling