Re: [OM] What to keep when the Digital Day comes

Subject: Re: [OM] What to keep when the Digital Day comes
From: Jim Couch <jamesbcouch@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2002 21:57:12 -0800
I'm not sure that I agree with this. I think film will be around for a long time
to come. Yes it will be more expensive, and yes processing will not be as
commonplace as it is now, but I think it will continue for well past the twenty
year mark. Digital has a long way to go to really capture the hearts of
enthusiasts in particular. It tends to be more the domain of the professional
(who can justify the cost of high end gear) and the casual shooter (for whom the
current resolution is already satisfactory.)

BTW, LPs are still available new. Releases are limited, but you can still find
them, both in larger cities, as well as on the net. Prices are somewhat higher
than list price for CDs and there is very little discounting, but the format
survives.  Many companies still produce turntables and cartridges as well.