Re: [OM] OM2+flash

Subject: Re: [OM] OM2+flash
From: "Jon Wichman" <jwichman@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2002 15:35:55 -0600
<snip>
Ok, walked away and, thought of some more things as usual.

Since a FP bulb is not recommended for speeds under 1/60th
of a second, I would guess that the burn time is only slight longer
than that.  I feel I made it sound much longer.

The action stopping advantage of an electronic flash
is due mainly to the electronics which allow you to
shut it back off.  This is tough to do with a flash-bulb.
(Think solid rocket booster .vs rocket motor)

> Yes, you are correct.  However, I will elaborate :)
>
> As far as the delay to get a flash bulb fully lit, I'm not sure
> but, it's like asking how fast did that dynamite go off?
> It's fairly fast...
It's a chemical explosion triggered by a electronic signal.
Faster than firing a bullet which is a mechanical action.

Feel like you're drinking from a fire hose yet?

Jon
jwichman@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
(The artist formally known as jwichman@xxxxxxxxx)
For those of you who got the above, it was good - eh?