Re: [OM] Digital Day Coming-WAIT A SECOND!!!

Subject: Re: [OM] Digital Day Coming-WAIT A SECOND!!!
From: "J.C. Cole" <jcole@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2002 15:13:15 -0600
For William Clark et al:

Bill, I agree 1000%.  Digital photography is great for whatever one
wishes to do with it.  In order, however, for the resolution to approach
regular photography, one must spend in the realm of 3K-4K and evn then
face the limitations of lack of fully interchangeable lenses.   I bought
a Nikon Coolpix 950 used for 4Bills (it is a 2.1 megapixel camera) and
it is great for shooting pictures to upload for the internet and foolin'
around in Photoshop, dropping eagles in front of sunsets and splicing
dissimilar scenes together for "artistic fulfillment" and "shock value",
but don't think about enlarging bigger than a 5 X 7.  Nice toy but after
a while, I revert back to the beautiful OM system because it is
limitless.  My Nikon Coolpix which was state of the art two years ago is
now old hat as the 7 megapixel cameras are in the offing for a paltry
6Kand the Coolpix is now a doormat much as is my old 286 computer.  Even
my Pentium III with 256 memory and a 40 gig hard drive is now worth 1/3
of the original cost.  My OM stuff, on the other hand, just gets
better.  If you're going totally digital, have deep pockets and prepare
for frustration and give me a chance to buy your discards.

Joe