Re: [OM] [OT] Where I live - was [OM] How to photograph starry night sky

Subject: Re: [OM] [OT] Where I live - was [OM] How to photograph starry night skys?
From: "Barry B. Bean" <bbbean@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2002 18:04:13 -0600 (CST)
On Tue, 22 Jan 2002 16:25:01 -0600, Jon Wichman wrote:

>>  Even on a moonless night,
>> there is plenty of light to get around with.

>How about under trees in the woods?

Yup. Just takes a little extra adjusting

>Ok. Come show me.

Come on over the next cloudy moonless night.

>> In all seriousness, have you ever done any darkroom work?
>Yes.
>If you can see in a darkroom, it's not really dark or, you're not human.

But the point is that after a few minutes, you can function
remarkably well in light that you didn't even know was there before
you turned out the lights. If i'm in the darkroom long enough, I can
read from my timer, and can see shapes from the light of my radio/CD
player power LED.

>>There are lots of folks who can testify to the
>> ability of the human eye to adapt to low light conditions.

>Yes, there are lots who can testify that they saw Elvis last year also.

He's easy to spot without a light. Those rhinestones still sparkle.

That said, I can assure you that normal functioning in the woods, on
cloudy moonless nights is still entirely possible.

-
B.B. Bean                                       bbbean@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Bean & Bean Cotton Co
http://www.beancotton.com