[OM] Olympus Japan responds

Subject: [OM] Olympus Japan responds
From: dolphans1@xxxxxxx
Date: Sat, 12 Jan 2002 05:28:18 +0000
[B]Hey Group,

How's it going? I haven't posted in a while. I did send
a letter to Olympus Japan about the parts rumor and they
replied. Below is a copy of that letter and the one I
sent.

I can't stress enough the importance of writing letters.
I believe that's what got us the OM-2000 and even though
it wasn't the OM-5 we were looking for, at least they
listened.

Happy OM-clicking...

Sam.....[/B]

Thank you for your mail concerning the future of Olympus
OM-system.

Since we are constantly making efforts to improve our
services to
Olympus camera owners, we are always grateful for
customers' opinion.
Your valuable comments on the OM products will be passed
on to our
departments concerned.

Regarding the rumor about repair parts at Olympus
America, we will pass
your mail on to them with the request they look into
this matter.

We sincerely appreciate your continued interest in
Olympus cameras and
your taking the time to write to us about this matter.

Sincerely yours,

S. Takezawa
Customer Services

---------------------------

[B]Dear Olympus Japan,

I have been a proud Olympus OM user for many years,
unfortunately, for reasons unknown to me, your Company
has apparently lost interest in enhancing the OM 35mm
camera department, and has instead, focused and invested
primarily into the digital camera
technology area. I understand that business changes and
the "idea" of making money, however, I am concerned that
your Company continues to neglect and fails to introduce
any "new" OM products to the line, for the Professional
Photographers, other than the
OM 2000.

Moreover,  I recently heard a credible rumor out of New
York, that Olympus America in N.Y., is dumping a lot of
their older Olympus parts. If this is to be true, I find
this behavior to be unethical and unconscionable. I
understand the sprit or progress,
but the least you could do is to donate the parts to
your loyal classic camera repair men.

The OM series is a classic camera line, in my humble
opinion. Much like the classic cars of the 50's. I truly
see no reason to destroy it's history. I hope your
Company keeps the OM series line alive and kicking for
many years to come.

Respectfully,

Samuel Morales[/B]