Re: [OM] Olympus Japan responds

Subject: Re: [OM] Olympus Japan responds
From: Thomas Heide Clausen <voop@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 12 Jan 2002 22:41:17 +0100 (CET)
On Sat, 12 Jan 2002 dolphans1@xxxxxxx wrote:

<SNIP>

> Olympus has a "reputation" to protect and credibility
> standard they must adhere to, to those of us that
> support the OM product line.
>
> I would be in favor of signing such a letter and having
> everyone's name on the forum group attached to it.If
> this administrator would in favor of doing so.

<SNIP>

> > 2) We write one on behalf of the Olympus Mailing List (devised and
> > appointed by
> > the administrator with all members names and details)

Dear all,

I would be reluctant to encourage that all list-members by default are
"signing the letter" to Olympus (there might be those, actually,
who'd rather not have their details sent for one reason on another).

Rather, if such an initiative is to be carried out, someone write the
letter and solicit (on the list) for list-member-signatures. Mention the
list, by all means, but sign only on behalf of those who give their
explicit concent.

--thomas

(who'd probably sign up, but who'd like to see the actual letter first)