RE: [OM] Sticking with film...

Subject: RE: [OM] Sticking with film...
From: Joshua Putnam <josh@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 06 Jan 2002 22:28:54 -0800

Perhaps we must take it upon ourselves to introduce the new generations to the wonders of old fashioned photography. I can't think of a better way to keep it available than to create a market for it. Starting with my kids and my church's scout troop.

I got a taste of that today at church, as a matter of fact. Today was the dedication for my 7-week-old twin boys, and at the celebration I laid out a bunch of 8x10 glossies for people to look at. They're cute boys and very photogenic, so all the photos were popular, but *everyone* who had a favorite picked one of two portraits I shot on Tech Pan. It's well known I'm a photo nut, so people asked if I'd used one of those fancy new digital cameras for those shots, and many of them seemed quite surprised that I'd used an obsolete 35mm that didn't even have auto focus!

http://www.phred.org/~josh/photo/20011227.jpg is a lousy scan of the most popular picture, my son Morgan at six weeks. OM-4, 50mm/1.4 (s/n 490---), deep yellow filter, Tech Pan at EI 400, T-MAX 1+4 12:00 @ 68F.

--
 Joshua Putnam | 25426 106th Ave SE #C6 | Kent, WA  98031
Home: 253/850-9514 | Fax: 253/850-9557 | Cell: 206/799-8324