Re: [OM] Coming to America and Happy New Year

Subject: Re: [OM] Coming to America and Happy New Year
From: Gregg Iverson <golftooter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 03 Jan 2002 20:38:25 -0500
Chris,

Remember that millions of others will have the same idea as has been suggested to you. The big tourist spots will really slow you down. I still recommend them, just remember your schedule must be adjusted. When you go through MD (Maryland) remember that much of their budget is from the tickets speeders pay (only stretching the truth a little). Drive the posted speed in that state. I have never seen any state as bent on getting tourist's money from them as the Maryland State Troupers!

How are you planning on getting from VA to SC? If you go I 85 you will go near my house north of Charlotte, NC. If you go I 95 I know of no list members close. If you can forget about SC, I would suggest you stay on I 40 and go through the Smokies on the way to Atlanta. It's much more scenic. Or, you might try the Blue Ridge Parkway, although the speed limit of 45mph can become tedious after a number of hours.

Anyway you go, have a fabulous time. I have always dreamed of a trip like you are planning - only I want to take a motor home and about one year to accomplish it!

Gregg

Hey fellow Zuiko-holic Guys and Gals

The lovely American wife and I will be visiting the US of A from Mid June to Late July.

I'll be bringing my Oly's (10 and 2sp) with me. I'll be contributing to the local economy by buying all my film locally :o)

The tentative plan is to start in CA at father-in-law's place at Cobb, then we'll be driving through OR, WA, MT, SD, IA, WI, IL, OH, PA, NY, NH, MA, CT, NY again, PA, DC, VA, SC, GA, TN, AR, OK, Northern TX, NM, AZ and back to CA

We've got 5 - 6 weeks to do it in. Not nearly long enough, but it's all we got.