Re: [OM] photography at LA auto show

Subject: Re: [OM] photography at LA auto show
From: ClassicVW@xxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 24 Dec 2001 08:39:44 EST
Hi Acer,

I'd second the suggestion for the 800 speed film. As long as you have say-
f/2 or f/2.8 lenses you should be fine. The auto display areas are usually
well lit, just fill the frame with the well lit subject, as the non-display
areas, (the background) can be much darker, and will influence a camera's
meter- unless it's spot- , and the Kodak 800 film doesn't have all that great
exposure latitude we are used to with print film, but still should be OK for
an indoor show. You can pre-meter a display or two up close before you shoot
and use that reading as a guide for the rest of the day. I just shot an
indoor track meet that probably had similar lighting, maybe a bit worse, and
I was (I think) OK even when I was using a f/3.5-4.5 lens I was trying out. I
was getting indicated shutter speeds of  ~ 1/45 - 1/00 sec. with my OM-2S. My
results may show _some_ blurring since it was a track meet, but for your
static displays, you should be fine, especially with a 1 or 2 stop  faster
lens.

Regards,
George S.