[OM] T32 flash head and home brew filter attachment

Subject: [OM] T32 flash head and home brew filter attachment
From: Eric Pederson <epederso@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 21 Dec 2001 10:06:36 -0800 (PST)
<epederso@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > > > All this discussion of
duct tape and T-32's leads me to a question:  > > > > What's the best way
to attach *temporarily* some stiff plastic filter > > material to the
front of a flash head? I'll try gaffer's tape and

> From: Wayne Harridge <wayneharridge@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> I use adhesive "Velcro" spots, 4 spots on the flash unit and matching spots
> on the
> filter material.  I have made a stiff paper template that I use for cutting
> the filter
> material to the correct shape to wrap around the face of the flash unit.
> Seems to
> work ok, but won't be 100 0ght tight unless you use Velcro strip and do a bit
> more work on the shaping of the filter material.

That sounds reasonable, except this filter material is stiff and about 3.5-4mm
thick. I don't see any obvious way to "wrap around the face of the flash unit".

=====
Eric Pederson
epederso@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (no "n" in "epederso")
Professional home page: