Re: [OM] T32 flash head and home brew filter attachment

Subject: Re: [OM] T32 flash head and home brew filter attachment
From: Tom@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 21 Dec 2001 13:15:50 -0500
On Friday, December 21, 2001 at 10:06, Eric Pederson
<olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote re "[OM] T32 flash head and home brew f" saying:

> duct tape and T-32's leads me to a question:  > > > > What's the best way to
> attach *temporarily* some stiff plastic filter > > material to the front of
> a flash head? I'll try gaffer's tape and
>
> > From: Wayne Harridge <wayneharridge@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> > I use adhesive "Velcro" spots, 4 spots on the flash unit and matching
> > spots on the filter material.  I have made a stiff paper template that I
> > use for cutting the filter material to the correct shape to wrap around
> > the face of the flash unit.  Seems to work ok, but won't be 100 0ght
> > tight unless you use Velcro strip and do a bit more work on the shaping of
> > the filter material.
>
> That sounds reasonable, except this filter material is stiff and about
> 3.5-4mm thick. I don't see any obvious way to "wrap around the face of the
> flash unit".

Hair dryer to soften plastic? Hold over stove burner? Could fit by
friction. I've often adjusted plastic earpieces on my glasses by softening
in boiling water, bending, and cooling in cold water.

Tom
------------------- http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ottawa-
photo-clubs
tOM A. Trottier,        ICQ:57647974    http://abacurial.com
        758 Albert St, Ottawa ON Canada K1R 7V8
        +1 613 860-6633 fax:231-6115    N45.412
W75.714
"The moment one gives close attention to anything,
even a blade of grass, it becomes a mysterious,
awesome, indescribably magnificent world in itself --
Henry Miller, 1891-1980