Re: [OM] Film Scanners

Subject: Re: [OM] Film Scanners
From: "Richard F. Man" <richard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2001 02:08:49 -0800
The olympus scanner wasn't very good. It really depends on your budget:

1) ~$500 - get the Polaroid S4000 if you can. It's a bargain w/ 4000 DPI (SCSI)
2) ~!$1000 - Nikon ED IV (2900 DPI) or the Canon FS4000 (4000 DPI)
3) ~$1600 - Nikon LS-4000 (4000 DPI) w/ Firewire

I have read many reviews that say all of these are basically good stuff. I have a LS-4000 and love the Firewire speed. I lost much hair SCSI'ing so I personally shy away from that if I can help it (though I still have plenty SCSI stuff around so it is not like I am afraid of it).

I believe some people also swear by Scanwit...