Re: [OM] rating of studio strobes

Subject: Re: [OM] rating of studio strobes
From: "Jeffrey R. Keller" <jeff@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2001 22:09:02 -0800
watts = energy per second

probably the rating for a strobe is watts x seconds = total energy

obviously if the time is longer the rate of power flow (intensity)  is
less for the same total energy. If the type of bulb is similar and the
color of the spectrum is the same, probably about the same amount
of light would be emitted but if the reflectors were different the
useable light would be different.
-jeff (obviously I don't know anything about strobes)