Re: [OM] rating of studio strobes

Subject: Re: [OM] rating of studio strobes
From: Mike <watershed@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2001 09:57:52 -0800
>  ...I have never understoond why manufactureres started measruing lights
> (light bulbs, studio
> lights, bicycle lights, whatever) in watts......

This information (watts) is essential from an electrical standpoint and
is a constant. Any electrical device must be sized appropriate to the
wiring, fixture,  etc. Lumens on the other hand will vary depending on
the application. Any manufacturer's rating in lumens is useless without
knowing the context in which this rating was obtained.

Mike

--
Latitude 48° 32' North, Longitude 123° 7' West