Re: [OM] rating of studio strobes

Subject: Re: [OM] rating of studio strobes
From: Jim Couch <JamesBCouch@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2001 08:10:25 -0800
The basic problem is that watts masure how much the light DRAWS from its
power source, and say little, if anything about how much light they put out.
There is no way to take this figure and calculate light output. I have never
understoond why manufactureres started measruing lights (light bulbs, studio
lights, bicycle lights, whatever) in watts. I also wonder why we continue to
do so. The information is really pretty much wortheless, unless you want to
know what it will cost you to run the lights, or how long the light will run
with a given battery.

Jim Couch