Re: [OM] Cordless TTL?

Subject: Re: [OM] Cordless TTL?
From: "Paul D. Farrar" <farrar@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2001 17:55:06 -0600
At 05:15 PM 12/17/01 -0500, you wrote:
>With so many technical minds on the list, I thought I'd throw out this
question:

>Has anyone built a cordless TTL flash link for Olympus systems? Is it
possible at a reasonable cost for an experimenter? I'm not technically
inclined, but I have wielded a soldering iron and followed instructions that
include schematic and parts list. I would think the rig would have to be
very fast to relay the signals without enough delay to affect the exposure.

>Just wondering/curious. It would be neat to go cordless.
>
>Mickey

Nikon, Metz, and Ikelite. Any slave unit that switches on when it sees another
flash turn off, and turns off when the other one does, will do TTL with OM
and some other brands, and will also work with auto units like the A-16 or
the Vivitar 283. Metz has a new mini flash that should work. It has a number
like 34-CS3, or something.

Paul