Re: [OM] Cordless TTL?

Subject: Re: [OM] Cordless TTL?
From: "Bill Owens" <wowens1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2001 20:53:51 -0500
The new Pentax AF360FGZ flash, which was designed around the new MZ-S camera
seems to work in a unique way.  In wireless P-TTL mode, the camera's RTF and
the AF360 communicate with each other via flash.  Although it's not obvious
to see, the RTF sends a flash to the 360 to communicate the camera mode.
The 360 in return sends a flash to the RTF to give the camera exposure data,
the RTF again flashes again to tell the 360 when to quench, at which time
the 360 fires for the exposure.

Bill, KG4LOV
wowens1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx