Re: [OM] Digital Preview[OT]

Subject: Re: [OM] Digital Preview[OT]
From: DAVDOU9211@xxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2001 12:05:22 EST
In a message dated 12/12/01 8:40:28 AM Pacific Standard Time,
wincros@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

> Once I get past 5 feet the parallex effect isn't very pronounced

I am experiencing the same thing with a 4040.  I am careful to use the LCD
for closeups.  All works well when I do.  As I tend to leave space around the
major subject of a photograph for cropping the viewfinder framing has been
fine.

I am finding that the old "Autofocus" bugaboo occurs when I use a "telephoto"
setting on the lens as the camera will focus on things in the foreground
rather than the subject which is farther back.  An example:  I was
photographing my grand daughter sitting in an adult size chair.  The wide
shot renders her image sharp.  When I zoomed in to photograph her more
tightly framed the camera focused on the front edge of the chair rather than
on her eyes (I use the eyes to set focus on people shots) resulting in a soft
focus photo of her.  I don't need soft focus for a beautiful little 21 month
old.

So, the hope is that the new OLY Digital SLR with interchangable lenses will
have a selective focus option or a "spot focus" setting like "spot metering".
 Tom Scales, do you experience this difficulty with the E-20?

Dave Dougherty